Pet Medications Rio Rancho
You can find the pet medications Rio Rancho pet owners commonly require at Coronado Pet Hospital. Like humans, many animals are prescribed medications to treat their specific health issues. Veterinarians may prescribe medicine in solid, liquid, cream or spray forms depending on the treatment plan. Coronado Pet Hospital stocks a variety of medicines that assist in the general and specialized healthcare of domestic and exotic animals.
Common Pet Medications Rio Rancho Animals Receive
- Antibiotics are frequently prescribed to counteract bacterial infections.
- Antiparasitic treat several infections that are caused by parasites.
- Antifungal medications fight fungal infections that cause skin irritations and inflammation.
- Steroids are another common medication that can be prescribed as a pill, cream or ointment. Steroids can alleviate symptoms of swelling and pain.
- Pain relievers are also commonly prescribed. From small injuries to invasive surgeries, your pet may receive medicine to help them manage their pain until they are fully healed.
Understanding Pet Medications
It’s important that you have a thorough understanding of your pet’s healthcare needs. Medication is a common component of many treatment plans. However, no pet owner should begin administering a prescribed medication to their pets without first understanding how it will treat the animal. The FDA recommends that you ask your veterinarian the following questions before putting your pet on a medication schedule:
- Why is my pet taking this medication?
- When will my pet stop needing the medication?
- How should the medication be stored?
- How do I give my pet the medication? What do I do if they spit it out?
- What happens if I forget to give them the medication or if I give them too much?
- Could this medication react with another medication?
- What side effects or reactions should I be aware of?
- What if the medication doesn’t work?
Your Local Pet Prescription Provider
Coronado Pet Hospital is ready to meet the unique needs of your pet. We use our decades of training and hands-on experience to determine the proper medication that will best treat your pet’s health issues. Find all the pet medications Rio Rancho pet owners need at Coronado Pet Hospital.