Apply for a Veterinary Assistant / Technician Position in Rio Rancho
Coronado Pet Hospital is looking to hire Veterinary Assistants/Technicians in Rio Rancho, NM. Do you want to work in a challenging, cooperative, friendly work environment with a team of employees dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of veterinary medicine?
Coronado Pet Hospital is an AAHA accredited clinic that has been providing exceptional veterinary care to Rio Rancho’s families for over 20 years. We strive to provide care to all clients and their pets in a timely, friendly, and professional manner. We treat all animals as valued members of our families and of our community.
We are currently looking for a Veterinary Technician to work alongside our experienced doctors, technicians, and CSRs to offer the best in patient care and client communication.
- Appointments, Walk-Ins, and Emergencies: load rooms, take vitals, obtain patient histories from clients, assemble required supplies and instruments for exams, help restrain animals, assist the Doctor with exams, administer vaccinations, enter information and charges into Avimark, fill prescriptions, educate clients on topics such as heartworm, discuss medications and treatment plans with owners, triage emergencies
- Diagnostics: draw blood for in-house bloodwork, heartworm tests & more, obtain urine & fecal samples for analysis, perform in-house urinary analysis, prepare samples for outside analysis, take radiographs, assist with ultrasounds
- Boarders: care for boarding pets, offer food and water, clean kennels, administer medications
- Cleaning: help maintain general cleanliness of the hospital, use proper cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization protocols
- Documentation: keep accurate and detailed records about patients and boarders in written patient charts and in Avimark
- Communication: maintain excellent lines of communication with clients, CSRs, other technicians, management, and Doctors
- Other: assist in all other areas of the hospital as needed
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting patients up and down from exam tables
- Lifting up to 40 or 50 lbs unassisted
- Sitting or kneeling on the ground while restraining, administering medications, and cleaning
- Exposure to anesthetic gases and x-rays. (Proper protective equipment is provided, and its use is mandatory)
- Veterinary Technician experience is preferred
- Experience working with animals is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to work as a team
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Differential for Night, Weekend, and Overnight Shifts
- Subsidized Health & Dental Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan (Flexible Spending Account)
- Excellent Employee Pet Discounts
- Discounted Rates for Sports & Wellness and Aflac
- Scrubs & Jacket
- Yearly CE allowance
- Tuition reimbursement for accredited Vet Tech programs
- Subscriptions available to atDove.org, Vetfolio, and Fear Free
- Annual License fee for licensed Veterinary Technicians
- Clear path for Career Advancement including regular skills and knowledge assessments
- Yearly performance reviews with raise opportunities
- Bonus Opportunities
- Mentors to help you achieve your goals
About Rio Rancho
Coronado Pet Hospital is located in Rio Rancho, in the Land of Enchantment. We are within minutes of major shopping centers, restaurants, and more.
Rio Rancho is adjacent to Albuquerque which is home to the International Balloon Fiesta, multiple state parks, hiking, skiing, and more. Experience the dunes of White Sands National Monument, take a ride down old Route 66, encounter some aliens in Roswell, visit the ruins of Chaco Canyon, camping at Elephant Butte Lake, or stay the weekend in Santa Fe. Contact us if you are interested in applying for an Associate Veterinarian position in Rio Rancho.