Dog Dental Surgery Rio Rancho
The reliable dog dental surgery Rio Rancho pet owners trust is available at Coronado Pet Hospital. Poor canine oral hygiene can cause a number of painful health conditions including infections, periodontal disease, abscesses, and fractured teeth. Our facility is equipped to provide exceptional dental care for your companion animal. We offer digital dental x-rays, ultrasonic scaling, as well as oral surgery.
Tips for Dog Dental Care
When you consider how many objects your dog puts in their mouth, it’s no surprise that they require routine dental cleanings. Thankfully, many of oral hygiene methods are readily available and can even be done in the comfort of your own home. Here are a few suggestions that the American Kennel Club offers on caring for your dog’s teeth:
- At-home cleanings are great ways to proactively care for your dog’s teeth. Special dog toothbrushes and toothpaste are available that allow you brush your dog’s teeth at home anytime.
- Teeth wipes are another great tool for canine oral hygiene. Though they only clean the surface of your dog’s teeth, this option is usually much easier and less uncomfortable.
- Dental treats are perhaps the most enjoyable dental cleaning tool. Available in a variety of flavors, dental treats remove plaque build-up and actively clean your dog’s mouth.
- Dog chews also promote proper hygiene in fun ways. Chewing scrapes the plaque off of teeth and many of the all-natural chews contain enzymes that promote dental health.
- Professional cleanings are the best way to ensure your dog’s dental health is maintained. Veterinarians can help prevent and treat dental problems and will give you the best advice on how to maintain your dog’s oral hygiene.
Does your Dog Require Dental Surgery?
We recommend you schedule an appointment with a veterinary professional at Coronado Pet Hospital if your dog shows the following symptoms:
- Bad breath
- Loose or discolored teeth
- Mouth bleeding or drooling
- Loss of appetite or weight
- An aversion or sensitivity of the mouth experienced when eating or being touched
Unsure if your dog may require dental surgery? Schedule an appointment with one of Coronado Pet Hospital’s trained veterinarians today. When your pet’s oral hygiene needs immediate medical attention, trust the dog dental surgery Rio Rancho pet owners put their confidence in – Coronado Pet Hospital.